# 25 - (first posted ??, 2014 on Facebook)
READING THROUGH 1 CORINTHIANS 4:15-17
* Paul's purpose is correction, encouragement, leading, and teaching as from a father with his children.
1 CORINTHIANS 4:15-17
"I am not writing these things
to shame you, but to correct you
as my dear children.
For though you may have ten thousand
guardians in Christ,
you do not have many fathers,
because I became your father
in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
I encourage you, then, be imitators of me.
For this reason,
I have sent Timothy to you,
who is my dear and faithful son
in the Lord.
He will remind you of my ways
in Christ, as I teach them
everywhere in every church."
# 26 - Nov x 2015
READING THROUGH 1 CORINTHIANS 4:18-21
* What place do arrogant people have in the church?
* Do they talk a lot? What do they say? What do they do?
* Do they reveal God's power or attempt their own?
* Will Paul need to come back to them with discipline or love? * (And how does this compare with Christ's return?)
1 CORINTHIANS 4:18-21 (NET)
"Some have become arrogant,
as if I were not coming to you.
But I will come to you soon,
if the Lord is willing,
and I will find out not only
the talk of these arrogant people,
but also their power.
For the kingdom of God
is demonstrated not in idle talk
but with power.
What do you want?
Shall I come to you with a rod of discipline
or with love and a spirit of gentleness?"