Cross Reference Bible links
|Kenan's son and Jared's father:
Genesis 5:12-17 |
1 Chronicles 1:2 |
Descendant of Perez of the tribe of Judah :
Nehemiah 11:04 |
Praise of God.
The son of Cainan, of the line of Seth (Genesis 5:12-17); called Maleleel (Luke 3:37).
- Nehemiah 11:4, a descendant of Perez.
(praise of God).
1. The fourth in descent from Adam, according to the Sethite genealogy, and son of Cainan. (Genesis 6:12,13,15-17; 1 Chronicles 1:2; Luke 3:37) Revised Version.
2. A descendant of Perez or Pharez the son of Judah. (Nehemiah 11:4)
ma-ha'-la-lel (mahalal'el; the King James Version Mahalaleel, ma-ha'la-le-el, ma-hal'a-lel):
(1) Son of Cainan, the grandson of Seth (Genesis 5:12 ff; 1 Chronicles 1:2).
(2) The ancestor of Athaiah, one of the children of Judah who dwelt in Jerusalem after the return from exile (Nehemiah 11:4).