May 14 - Day 134|
* Introduction to the book of Psalms
* BOOKS on Psalms, Amazon.com
* Study Index: Psalms
* MAPS * OUTLINE BIBLE
Psalms David composed to worship and praise God
David composed psalms to praise God
Psalm 29 (11vs)|
* "Ascribe to Yahweh, you sons of the mighty, ascribe to Yahweh glory and strength.
Ascribe to Yahweh the glory due to his name. Worship Yahweh in holy array..."
Psalm 68 (35vs)|
* "Let God arise! Let his enemies be scattered! Let them who hate him also flee before him..."
Psalm 145 (21vs)|
* "I will exalt you, my God, the King. I will praise your name forever and ever.
Every day I will praise you. I will extol your name forever and ever..."
David composed psalms to define and contrast righteous and wicked people
Psalm 11 (7vs)|
* "In Yahweh, I take refuge. How can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain!” For, behold, the wicked bend their bows..."
Psalm 14 (7vs)|
* "The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt. They have done abominable works. There is none who does good. ..."
Psalm 53 (6vs)|
* "The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity.
There is no one who does good..."
Psalm 36 (12vs)|
* "An oracle is within my heart about the disobedience of the wicked:
“There is no fear of God before his eyes.” For he flatters himself in his own eyes, too much to detect and hate his sin..."
Index | Next: | Reading reminders