May 15 - Day 135|
* Scriptures below
* Introduction to the book of Psalms
* BOOKS on Psalms, Amazon.com
* Study Index: Psalms
* MAPS * OUTLINE BIBLE
Some of David's Psalms on man's relationship with God
Psalms of David on Self-discipline
Psalm 37 (40vs)|
* "Donít fret because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither like the green herb..."
Psalm 39 (13vs) |
"I said, 'I will watch my ways, so that I donít sin with my tongue. I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me...'"
Psalm 32 (11vs)|
* "Blessed is he whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man to whom Yahweh doesnít impute iniquity,
in whose spirit there is no deceit..."
Psalm 131 (3vs)|
* "Yahweh, my heart isnít haughty, nor my eyes lofty;
nor do I concern myself with great matters,
or things too wonderful for me.
Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with his mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Israel, hope in Yahweh,
from this time forth and forevermore."
Index | Next | Reading reminders