Psalm 94 (23vs)
- "Yahweh, you God to whom vengeance belongs,
you God to whom vengeance belongs, shine forth. Rise up, you judge of the earth. Pay back the proud what they deserve."
Psalm 123 (4vs)
- "To you I do lift up my eyes, you who sit in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress; so our eyes look to Yahweh, our God,
until he has mercy on us."
Prophets sent to give warnings from God:
* Obadiah prophesied Edom's end after 1 of 4 destructions of Jerusalem
* Jonah prophesied early in Jeroboam II's reign, ca 798 BC in Nineveh
* Hosea prophesied during Jeroboam II's reign, 784-723 BC; up to king Hezekiah
* Amos prophesied in Jeroboam II's later years when Uzziah/Azariah reigned in Judah
* Isaiah prophesied during the reigns of Uzziah/Azariah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah
* Micah prophesied during the reigns of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah
* Nahum prophesied during the reigns of Ahaz and Hezekiah