EVENT: In ZEDEKIAH's 10th of 11 years as king, Nebuchadnezzar continued laying siege to Jerusalem
Jeremiah 34 (22vs)
- A message from God for King Zedekiah during the siege of Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon
NOTE: These psalms may have been prayed during the siege attacks, suffering famine, being forced into exile
Psalm 46 (11vs)
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we won’t be afraid, though the earth changes, though the mountains are shaken into the heart of the seas.."
Psalm 77 (20vs)
- "My cry goes to God! Indeed, I cry to God for help, and for him to listen to me.."
Psalm 85 (13vs)
- "Yahweh, you have been favorable to your land.
You have restored the fortunes of Jacob.."
Ezekiel 29 (21vs)
- God's revelations about Egypt in Zedekiah's 10th year (Ezekiel's 10th year of exile)
NEO BABYLONIAN Empire with maps; ca. 627-539 BC
* Nebuchadnezzar II's father, Nabopolassar, established the Chaldean era of the Neo-Babylonian Empire in 626 BC, rebelling against Assyria
* Nabopolassar was king when the Assyrian capital Ninevah was sacked (612 BC)
* Nebuchadnezzar had been the Chaldean king of the Babylonian Empire 19 years when Jerusalem fell in 586 BC
* In 586 BC, almost all the remaining Jews of Judah were taken from the Promised Land northeast into the captivity promised by their God.
Jewish prophets had relayed God's plans and warnings:
Chart of the Final KINGS of Judah
NOTE: The reasons the kings of Judah after Josiah were wicked are listed in 2Ch 36:12ff. God required the land of Judah (Israel) to be cleansed by the people going to Babylon for 70 years