September 22 - Day 265
* Scriptures below
* Introduction to the book of Esther
* BOOKS on Esther, Amazon.com
* Study Index: Esther
* BIBLE DICTIONARY - as Pure, purify
* MAPS * OUTLINE BIBLE * TIMELINES
* Chart: Kings of Judah and Israel
* Chart: Middle East history
* Timeline: Some prophets of Judah and Israel
A New Celebration: Purim Esther 5-10
* Esther 5 (14vs) - Queen Esther approached King Ahasuerus (Xerxes) to make her request
* Esther 6 (14vs) - Mordecai's reward and Haman's surprise
* Esther 7 (10vs) - Haman was hung on the gallows he had built for Mordecai the Jew
* Esther 8 (17vs) - Even though King Ahasuerus (Xerxes) couldn't cancel out his Haman-inspired decree to kill the Jews, he made a decree that the Jews could defend themselves against their enemies.
* Esther 9 (32vs) - In Adar the 12th month, enemies of the Jews attacked and were defeated. In honor of the victory, a new Jewish celebration called Purim began.
* Esther 10 (3vs) - King Ahasuerus (Xerxes)'s tribute and Mordecai the Jew's rise in power in Persia.